|DATE||TOPIC||TIME (AM)||PRESENTED BY||VENUE||Download|
|09-04-2013||Overview of Sustainable Energy||10:00-11:00||Prof Mushtaq Ahmad Malik||SET Center||PDF File|
|16-04-2013||Basics of Hydrogen Energy||10:00-11:00||Dr. Usman Ali Rana||SET Center||PDF File|
|23-04-2013||Basics of Nuclear Energy||10:00-11:00||Dr. Kaleem Ahmad||SET Center||PDF File|
|30-04-2013||Basic of Solar Power Technologies||10:00-11:00||Dr Syed Noman Danish||SET Center||PDF File|
|07-05-2013||Basics of Energy Storage Devices||10:00-11:00||Dr. Imran Shakir||SET Center||PDF File|
- Importance of Renewable Energy Technologies
- KSA Renewable Energy Plan 2012-2032
- Introduction to Solar Energy
- Solar Energy Technologies:
- Concentrated Solar Power (CSP)
- Solar PV
- Solar Water Heating System
Dr. Mushtaq Ahmad Malik
- The Importance of renewable energy including, solar, wind, hydrogen, biomass etc.
- The growth of solar & wind installed capacity world-wide during last ten years.
- The addition of solar PV and wind capacity globally during last year.
- The current status of renewable energy in Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) countries and KSA.
- Fundamentals and historical background of energy storage devices
- Basic types of various energy storage devices
- Functional materials for energy storage devices
- Energy Saving in view of Earth as finite system
- The importance of Green Energy Solution in view of increasing Environmental Pollution
- Renewable Hydrogen Fuel
- The developments in Hydrogen Energy Technologies at SET Center
- Significance of Nuclear Energy to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
- Comparison and advantages of Nuclear Energy
- Basic understanding of Nuclear Fission Reaction
- Fundamental concepts of Nuclear Fuel Cycle
- Understanding of Nuclear Power Plants Systems