Nuclear Energy Group
Transforming energy from atom
The Nuclear Energy group at SET center has emerged from the strategic mission of Kingdom’s plan to developed nuclear power. The aim is to carry out research and development in important areas of nuclear science and technology to complement the Kingdom’s Nuclear Energy Program.
Our mission is to promote nuclear engineering education and conduct state-of-the-art research on nuclear reactor safety, safeguard and security, non-proliferation and nuclear desalination.
Current Research Activities
- Master Program in Nuclear Engineering
- Development of high performance thermoelectric energy harvester for nuclear safety applications
- Radiation Shielding Materials development
- Development of safety systems for nuclear power reactors (Small Modular Reactors)
- Laser spectroscopic studies for nuclear fuel, safety, and safeguard applications
- Production of pure water using coupled nuclear desalination systems